We are St. Paul's United Church of Christ

We are a family of faith

that prays together,

praises together,

and plays together.

Our Organ

Organ

Sanctuary Organ, II/26
Aeolian-Skinner Organ Co., 1955 (Opus 1282)

The original 15-rank organ was built by Johnson and Son in 1889 in the First Congregational Church in Bellevue. The organ was given to the church by Will Harkness, whose father was the donor of the church building. The craftsmanship, tonally and mechanically, was superb. As far as our records reveal, there was no major repair to the instrument up to the time of its removal in 1955. However, before that time, there was serious deterioration of the mechanical parts, making some remedial action imperative.

In 1955, the Aeolian-Skinner Organ Company of Boston, Massachusetts was commissioned to rebuild and enlarge the Johnson and Son instrument, creating Aeolian-Skinner's Opus 1282. The new instrument incorporated a major portion (10 ranks) of the old Johnson pipework, which was in excellent condition. Additions to the original organ by Aeolian-Skinner (16 ranks) provide appropriate voices for the proper interpretation of a variety of organ literature. The current two-manual instrument has 26 ranks and 1545 pipes.

The organ was moved from the former First Congregational Church to its current location on March 20, 1978, the day before J.S. Bach's 293rd birthday.

CHURCH EVENTS

Sunday
Sunday School (Sep - May) Check Calendar for dates. 9:00 AM
Fellowship Time 9:45 AM
Worship Service 10:15 AM

 

Facebook

Join us on FACEBOOK                                                                                          CLICK  BELOW